Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gingerbread Cookies

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eggtoberfest was truely great. All of the great people, all of the great food, WOW![p]Many people have asked for the recipe for the Gingerbread Cookies I made. These are REALLY simple and the dough can be frozen, so you can make them almost anytime ... kids seem to love them![p]Gingerbread Cookies[p] 2/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground ginger
pinch salt
3/4 cup molasses
1 egg
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Cream together first 6 ingredients. Add egg and mix. Add molasses and mix again. [p]Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Sift. Add to the creamed mixture and stir until well blended. Role into 1 inch balls and chill.[p]Using a class, flatten on aluminum foil (I recommend the Renolds Release "non-stick" stuff) anout 1 inch appart. Cool on preheated pizza stone at about 375-400 degreesfor 10 minutes or until done.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes or until they firm up!

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Smokey,[p]The cookies were a delight. Kind of a palate-cleanser between all the exotic flavors (I started off Sat morning with a garlic snail for breakfast and had moose for lunch..so a gingerbread cookie ((Atkins be damned)) was a nice grounding effect![p]Good to see you and yours.[p]mShark
  • Daddy Pat
    Options
    Smokey,
    the gingerbread cookies were great!!! Thanks for posting the recipe..I am going to make a batch today..

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Sorry for the typos ... I'm still a little sleepy![p]You can replace the last paragraph with:[p]Using a glass, flatten on aluminum foil (I recommend the Renolds Release "non-stick" stuff) about 1 inch appart. Cook on preheated pizza stone at about 375-400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.
    Let cool for 5-10 minutes or until they firm up!