Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Airstream

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Has anyone had one? Are they worth the money?
Looking at the shorter units.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Spring Hen has always wanted one but I feel a bit claustrophobic when I'm in one, especially the smaller ones.

But you can't deny the quality of construction. Some of those trailers have been on the road for over four decades and still look like a Airstream.

I'm sure there is an Airstream chat room similar to BGE's Forum. I would go there and lurk a bit to see what they say about their Airstream.

Spring "Look, Up in the Airstream. It's A Bird" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    too bad you didn't post this 6 months ago! Since then two neighbors both sold their less than a year old Airsteams. One 28 footer the other a 34. The only mileage on the 28 was a round trip from IL to WA. The 34 was from an insurance settlement for their older Airstream that was blown off the road and totalled both their truck and trailer but the folks walked away from it. A year later they spooked the first time out with their new rig and at ages 77 and 80 they decided their nomad life was a thing of the past.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Leroy & RRP
    Thanks, this is like a 90%
    no go deal. Never in my life
    thought I would even think
    about one. But....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    i always wanted the real small one they used to make, havent seen one that size in years, asked a few if they would sell but nobody that had one would. even if it just sat there for years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    They are not worth the money. They are incredibly over-priced based on the reputation they earned years ago. Like many things, they aren't what they once were.

They are very nice inside and look great. However, my business partner's son heads up the maintenance department for a very large RV dealership. He told me they are the most problem-prone brand of travel trailer.

He recommends Keystone, Coachman, and Forest River as the best built and reliable brands.

How short a unit are you looking for?