Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you serve your Brisket?

Options
Nu-Guy
Nu-Guy Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was a wondering if you all had any serving suggestions for brisket, or do you just cut it up and offer up as finger food?

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nu-Guy,[p]A couple of ways to serve it (that I like anyway). Once its done, cut it across the grain and make nice little brisket slices. Or, you can pull it or shread it and put it on sandwich buns and make Q sammiches. I prefer the latter way but both provide good eats.[p]Troy
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nu-Guy,[p]Sliced thin and loaded on buns with some BBQ sauce works good too.[p]You can serve sliced on a plate like London Broil with mashed taters and gravy. [p]Tim
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    Try some cole slaw and baked beans with the sandwiches. Tanker Tim's beans are real good.
    JimW

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    JimW,
    Please clear up something for me...Tanker Tim's bean receipe has cooking instructions of "...take half of the final mix..." what does one do with the remaining half? mix it with the cooked half? Sorry for being so dense this morning...

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mornin' Nu-Guy,
    Elder Ward posted a great recipe, last December, that was never put in the recipe section. Our valuable archives still have it available though. His recipe describes an entire meal, and it is worth considering.[p]Even if you don't cook the brisket at 275 like the recipe suggests, Elder decribes how to make the whole meal. This is a link to one of the threads. Look at the other threads nearby, as he split the recipe up into a few posts. His method of cooking it was suprisingly tender....and much quicker that the long method. I did a 7 pounder in 10 hours at 275 over a naked pizza stone.[p]Tanker Tim's beans go with brisket like lump charcoal goes with the egg.[p]NB

[ul][li]Elder Ward's Brisket Dinner[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    RRP,
    I really have no idea. The recipe I have was pulled off one of Elder Ward's posts a few months ago. It is slightly different than the recipe Tanker Tim posted. In comparing the two, the only reference to 'half' of something is using half the onions for Elder's BBQ sauce. If not that, then I would just dump everything in the pot and cook it. Sorry if I confused you.
    JimW