Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MINI AND TAILGATING

Options
Tom
Tom Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my Mini Egg this summer. [p]What have people found to be appropriate ways to transport it to games? [p]How do you cool it down? Do you put it back in the car before you go to the game?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    cowboygillers.jpg
    <p />tom,
    My mini travels to Arrowhead. I have bungee cords and put in the back of my truck. Does cowboy griller or a couple steaks real nice.[p]CWM

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]"cowboy griller" ??? Little help for the ignorant, please. What is that?[p]LVM
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    LasVegasMac,
    Take a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Either flaten it out or have meat cutter run it threw the tenderize once. Add, sausage, peppers, cheese or anything that you like.
    Wrap in bacon and grill.
    My favorite is jalapeno peppers and cheese.[p]
    CWM

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, Thanks! sounds good. I was just telling the wife that we need to cook some new recipes this weekend![p]LVM

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    tom,
    I bring my small BGE to tailgate. Bring tongs or something to remove all the coals when you are done cooking to quicken the cool down process. I doubt that anyone would steal your egg if you left it out while at the game but I must admit, I can't muster up enough trust to do that. I bring along a thick stepping stone (Lowe's or Home Depot) and put the hot/warm egg on it in the back of our van when we go to the game. When you get back, it will be cool and you are ready to go. Have fun![p]Bob[p]P.S. Be ready to answer a lot of questions when people are curious about your BGE. Strangely, I have a lot of people ask me if it is a pressure cooker!?

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I have never had any problems placing my MINI in the trunk of my kia sephia as other tailgating supplies placed around it for some cushion barrier. Do you really need bungie cords for yours?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    If I didn't think so, I wouldn't use them. The supplies in the bed of my truck move.[p]CWM