Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just burried my dog(sniff,sniff)

"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Soryy guy's,but I had to share with someone,so you're it.My 14 yr old miniature pincher "Apollo" just passed :( She has had a few health issues lately,mostly fleas&allergies,and she was going blind,and was almost completely deaf.I guess that's why she didn't see/hear that Dodge truck coming :blink:Sorry,that's my poor atteampt at humor at a really sad time.Thanks for listening......................................
RIP Apollo..... :(

013-8.jpg

Comments

• Hey man, I'm sorry. I lost my rat terrier last year and she was 14 yrs old. She was like one of my kids. Its hard every time. :(
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    It is nice that you have 14 years of memories but very sorry for your loss
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Sorry to hear that Doug. We just met her yesterday. After what we have had with Karens dog in the last week, we know you will miss Apollo.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very sorry to hear. Lost a 21 month old pup that way. Hard,no matter what the age.
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Doug, I am sorry for your loss. How is the family taking it? I appreciate being able to meet Apollo on Saturday for the first time. Seemed like a sweet dog.

Thanks so much for having me along with the NGAeggers. I really enjoyed being with you all and having ribs in CWM's honor. I didn't know CWM well but I am sad that I won't get the opportunity to get to know him better and for him to get to know me.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    My sincere condolences to you and your family. We lost our beloved Dublin at age 12 in May so we know the pain.
    IMG_0325.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Doug, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your min pin, Apollo. :( He was certainly cute and I just love the name you bestowed upon him!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Sorry to hear that Doug. :(
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Doug, It's always sad to lose one of our faithful furry friends. Isn't it amazing how much they enrich our lives? I know in return, he had a great life with you.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That sucks Doug. Sorry for ya brother.
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    I am truly sorry Doug, I know how it goes. Sometimes, I would rather be in the company of dogs rather than most of the people that I know. Bye Apollo, Bye Blaze...
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Man that sucks...glad he got to attend our NGE gathering the other day...he was a nice dog.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Doug, I'm sorry about your loss.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Dang, I just saw that little critter Saturday. Sorry Buddy!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Buddy, I've been through that pain more than once. Sorry for ya man.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Oh Doug :( I am so sorry..... they are such a part of our families I have a very bratty 16 yr old I can send you :P only 6 pounds but act like a pit bull! all egg trained and everything :whistle: hope you all feel better soon.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Sorry to hear that buddy, I know how much you pets meant to you :(
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    its always tough to lose a good dog, been thinking about getting a pup as mine is around ten now, maybe in another year. my last dog root was a big ole german shepard, made the mistake of listening to a vet, didnt want to give him his shots and was talked into it, had to put him down three days later after his kidneys went down. in 18 years he never missed a boat ride. my brit on the other hand is not street smart, he will get run over by a dodge, probably mine :ermm:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Apollo looks mighty tuff in that photo!
    Sorry he's gone -- always hard to take the loss of a loved pet :(
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    So sorry for your loss, I know it is hard they are like family. Dad's cat is still around she is 14 hope she will be around for a few more years. :(

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • i'm sorry for your loss doug. ..as a long time big dog owner, it goes with territory. ..when you love and own dogs, you have to go through this every 10 - 15 years. ...i still miss every dog i've ever owned. . (except for the stupid beagle, but i got stuck with him and thats a long story! - my attempt at humor for you) .. . .i still have the collar hanging in my kitchen from my dog before my current dog. ..
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Sparks...SO sorry to hear!! I don't come to this (off topic) side of the fence often. VERY sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my dog the same way....a truck while chasing a squirrel.....she died doing what she thought was fun! Hopefully, you can think of this the same way. Sorry for your loss buddy!! :(
  • It is hard to lose a pet Sorry for your loss
  • "Sparky"
    Thank you all for your kind words.I know that we've all been through it,but it never seems to get any easier.We lost Zeus about 7 yrs ago,he was the best dog ever(full size dobie).It was pretty funny when I would call them.......Zeus,Apollo,,,,,come(just like Higgins) :lol: They were a great pair,even if one was a little smaller,she didn't know it :P Yes,Apollo was a she :laugh: Anyway,it's been a really weird week.I guess I'm just not used to coming home to an empty and quite house :whistle: Here's what I've been workin on today(at my son's request) :( R.I.P. miss Apollo .............

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

I'm just waiting on the finish to dry.I used 4 coats of this,

DSC_0128-1.jpg

Thanks again guys and gals ;)
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Very nice. I love that it looks like a bone.

We still have the ashes from Tag, our golden who died about 2 years ago) and hope to plant a dogwood tree and bury the ashes under that. We should probably wait a bit longer. Our 9yo lab has been having seizures for several months now and has really gone downhill. No reason for the seizures, tho, so she could live in this 'senior' state for a long time I think.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Always hard to have a loving companion pass....best wishes on your recovery!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Wow..don't know how I missed this post. My condolences. After 1 1/2 yrs with no dog we're starting to go looking again. Debating between another English Bulldog or perhaps smaller French Bulldog.
  • "Sparky"
    Thanks Chris.I think that it will take some time before we are ready for another dog,which is a real shame,cause we love dogs :( With the new baby due in Oct.,we're not about to try to bring a new dog into the mix ;) Good luck in your dog search :)
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Sorry to hear this. We lost one of our cats to a Coyote in April. Picked up two from the Cobb Animal shelter and plan on keeping them indoors.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    R.I.P. Apollo.
    You are a good looking dog and will be missed.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.