Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sauces...Refrigerate after opening?

Deckhand
Deckhand Posts: 318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read the thread on refrigerating ketchup and the consensus was that there was no need to refrigerate it. What about sauces? I checked the labels on all 16 bottles of sauce on my shelf and ALL of them say to refrigerate after opening... but then the ketchup bottle says "For best results, refrigerate after opening" I always kept my sauces in the refrigerator until I read the thread about ketchup. Then I moved them (except for the Blues Hog, which I like thick) to a shelf. Do I need to move them back to the fridge? (Please say "No" to prevent a refrigerator turf war)...

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    If they say to refrigerate, that's what I do. -RP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    After that post moved ketchup to pantry and it kept ending up back in the fridge????? Just 2 of us at the house and she says it not her??????(Also, she eats very little ketchup)

My 2cents would be: ALL of them say to refrigerate after opening... but then the ketchup bottle says "For best results, refrigerate after opening"
    Thinking the ketchup is in fridge (other than my putting it there for no good reason)is like the postings on sauce that they will do better cold.
    But if "refrigerate after opening" should go cold and I will keep it in fridge.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Cold ketchup makes your steak taste better. :lol::lol::lol:
  • EggHeadFred
    EggHeadFred Posts: 123
    There is a website called Stilltasty.com Check it out.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I keep all my condominiums in fridge. I think they are safer that way... Good luck~~
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Ketchup? On steak? You will surely be BANNED any minute now!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    nyuk nyuk nyuk.
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Thanks for the input. The website was useful EHF. I'll clear a space in the frige but I won't worry if I leave a bottle out for a day or two... particularly if it's one I'll use up quickly. Hmm...a mini frige just for sauce. Or a bigger mini frige for sause and beer? And someplace to age meat... Might end up with a refrigerator on the porch!
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    You get double points if it on the FRONT porch!
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    EggHeadFred wrote:
    There is a website called Stilltasty.com Check it out.

Yeah this. Ketchup in the pantry? Yikes.
  • I have always wondered the same thing since I go into Sonny's etc. and the sauces are just sitting on the table at room temp? Maybe they are filled cold in morning and they are good for the day since they will be consumed within hours. It is confusing considering what is on all the BBQ sauce bottles about refrigeration.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    mines in the fridge, but this time of year a bottle doesnt last all that long, i dont see a problem leaving it out for a few weeks while its consumed. the fridge aint the answer either if you dont use much,ive seen it mold after a few months in the fridge
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it