Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Pork Tenderloin

Options
tcracing
tcracing Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked this last night, indirect at 375 for 30 minutes with BGE Garlic & Pepper, EVOO and Applewood chips. It was the best tenderloin I ever had.
003.jpg
George Foreman? Who? 
Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
Large, Minimax-soon

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    tcracing, your pork tenderloin looks delicious. :)

You may as well reduce your clutter and take your George Foreman to the Goodwill, lol.
  • StratoEgg
    StratoEgg Posts: 81
    Options
    Nice looking Loin! My family also enjoys the applewood w/ a McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb rub.

We have a running joke in the family that if I do a "perfect" egg cooked something I will never have to cook it ever again. So far my six year old says I do excellent work but I need more practice and that I am far from perfect. Back to the applewood!

Cheers,

Al
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Options
    Looks great. I recently have started brining my tenderloins (if I have time). Brined or not they always come out great on the egg. Its a really nice cut of meat that takes flavor well and as pork goes very healthy.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Looks great

Pretty sure you have a "loin" instead of a "tenderloin"

Regardless - it's mightfine :)
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments. It was the juiciest pork that I have ever eaten. Question for the pros. I put water in my catch pan, good or bad idea? Did that help with the moisture in the meat?
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon