Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 rd Annual Q-Fest

Sigmore
Sigmore Posts: 621
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any of you Florida Eggers planning to go to Grant FL. this month for the 3rd Q-Fest? Only saw one Egg there last year, but Hot Aww Mighty did I see all kinds of cooking contraption.

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    sigmore, I'd like to know more about it. I'm heading down to Ocean Ridge to pick up the pieces at my mom's place which lost part of the roof during Frances and is a BIG mess. Still waiting for the insurance adjustor & I'm not going anywhere until Iva is gone as my brother is in harm's way in the panhandle. JCA

• J Appledog,
    Here's the link to the website.[p]I'm probably going as a spectator.

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
  • Sigmore
    BobinFla, Thanks for doing that!! I'm not worthy of trying the link-a-ma-jig yet. I spectated last year. Didn't have the EGG yet, but now that I do, I'm glad I made the choice I did. Q-Fest helped me make up my mind. B-B-Que Guru was there. Got a PBR coozie for free from their cronnies. Good Time.

• sigmore,
    It's really easy to add links. E-mail me if you need help.[p]Hope to see you at the Grant Q-Fest next weekend.[p]BOB

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    sigmore,
    Thanks for posting. Now that we know about it, we may go.[p]Ken

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    sigmore,[p]It's been a really great event that has grown and should contunue to grow. It's held at the Grant Seafood Festival grounds which is a cool place. The teams are encouraged to sell whatever they want and they almost all will sell some BBQ. I highly recomend it as one of the best BBQ events in Florida. I have been there the past two years, I was even the Grand Champ two years ago. I was the one guy with the egg last year.
    That area of Florida was hit hard by the hurricanes and they are doing an amazing thing just getting it together. Robin Tibbets who runs it is a doll, part of her roof is currently missing but she sent out an email last week asking everyone to please come anyway and help her make the best of a bad situation.
    I will do my best to be there but I am against a deadline for a big project. I probably won't be able to cook this year but I hope to be there to judge.
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Sigmore
    drbbq, So you're the one I talked to. I wasn't an Egger then, but I bought mine in October after I talked to you. Had been outside looking in but you were the first I had talked to that actually had a Egg. Thanks for the help in making up my mind.