Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokin In The Dark Rubs??? Supper tonight

Marine Cook
Marine Cook Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribs.JPG
<p />Hello eveyone,[p]Has anyone try "Smok'n In The Dark" rubs? I doing a slab of spares using the plate setter and going at 325 for 3.5 hours. Half the slab with BBQ mild and half with the spicy. Roast corn on the cob and a killer mustard tater salad.[p]Can I get some help with the corn? How long? In the husk right?[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC

Comments

• Marine Cook,[p]Just did some corn the other day... in the husk... about 30 minutes @ 350*, turning once or twice.[p]Walter
  • Walter,[p]Thank you sir.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Marine Cook:[p]Next time try your corn without the husk. Brush with olive oil, season as you like, and grill. Temperature and time as you like. If it is a little charred or under cooked it is all good![p]
    [/b]
  • djm5x9,[p]I havent put the corn on yet and that sound like the way to go. Thanks for the heads up.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Marine Cook,
    Would you be willing to share that tater salad recipe? My mouth is watering already![p]Thanks, Mike

• Marine Cook,
    Peel the husk back on the corn, taking care to do as little damage as possible to the husk. Remove the silk as best you can, massage the corn with butter, put the husk back in place and cook direct at about 350 turning once or twice. I think you will be happy with the results.
    Best,
    Gary

• Marine Cook,
    Smokin in the dark rubs were fantastic. I started with them 2 years ago ... now I make my own. [p]How did your ribs turn out?[p]Doug

• Smoked Signals,[p]They were very good. I was suprised that cooking @ 325 - 350 left them as tender as they were. I like the crust their rubs left on the ribs. I finished them with some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce...very nice. My first time with the sauce as well.[p]I'll be cranking up the small for some killer amberjack steaks, Corn on the cob and tator salad for lunch.[p]The large will come online around 1:00 pm for more ribs this evening but they'll be done at 225 for 3.5 to 4 hours. Some green beans and more tator salad.[p]We love that tator salad.[p]Have a great day.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC[p]