Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT..Golf

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in Off Topic
John Daly -7. Go U.S.A. :):):)

Comments

• Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    Always liked Daly. Really felt for him when he had his "trouble". Just seemed to be a refreshing personality, to say the least.

When my youngest son was maybe 4 or so, we'd catch him making a face every now and then and he'd look (we thought) just like John Daly.

T_as_John_Daly.jpg

My son was always a rough rugged dude, but is thinning out, and loves golf. I don't get to take him as often as I would like. I svck at golf, and don't teach him anything about mechanics (mainly because I can't) but also because I just want him to have fun.

He wanted to bring his clubs when we visited my parents in florida, but it wasn't doable. We told him we'd get out and golf and rent a set.

Here's a pic of him teeing off.

T_swing.jpg

Keep in mind, he's about 7 now, and is just sort of teaching himself. I thought this looked decent. Yeah, I know, grip is off etc. etc. hahaha who cares. There's also a complication here that I didn't realize at the time.

Here's a putt he left a little short, but there's a catch here too... (video, give it a click)

th_IMG_0175.jpg

so what's the catch? Well, like i said, he wanted to play with HIS clubs. just couldn't bring them. So before we left my mother said "Have him use my clubs..." No problem, excellent.

He played the whole game, parred a couple holes (par-3 course) and kept up just fine. My father and I told him we were pretty impressed and he replied "I really think I would have done better with my clubs though. I mean, they're shorter, but they're also 'lefty'." He'd played all day righty, with woman's clubs. hahaha

I forgot that old Daly-resemblance when he was younger. Thanks for bringing it back to me.

Go John!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That's awsome! A couple lessons to insure he's got a solid 'basic' foundation. If they hadn't had those pink and baby blue bags growing up, I may have started earlier. I can't get get enough of the stuff :woohoo:

Both my kids are into the game as well. One of the few things that you can do world wide and as a family. :)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Money would be on Tiger by 4, but would rather see Daly do it.
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    he has a great little set of cubs. better than mine. mine are from a yard sale :woohoo:
  • BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    Louie held it together well today. The real pressure is tomorrow, it will be interesting how he does.

Sad to see Calc have problems today.