Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boli Report

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I gave it a try, and it turned out pretty darn good, if I don't say so myself.
I started with Spin's pizza dough recipe (like that cornmeal!)and split it into two, then rolled it out thin. In the center of one I piled provolone cheese, followed by baked ham, pepperoni, salami, and then another layer of provolone, followed by a generous amount of mozarella,and the smallest thread of mustard along the top, then folded the dough over and sealed the log. The second was a vegetarian model...provolone cheese, and presauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions, topped by another layer of provolone and mozarella. I heated cooked them both at the same time using a pizza stone on a plate setter in a 550 degree large egg. After about 8 minutes I flipped them and then continued the baking for another 10-12 minutes, or until both sides were golden brown. Pulled them out and heated up some pizza sauce to serve on the side. No leftovers. The kids devoured the meat boli within seconds. There is nothing like that brick oven taste! Love my Egg!

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]Congratulations. All smiles at the Spin household. Were they kidney shaped?[p]Spin
  • SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    bdavidson,
    This sounds absolutely wonderful! My family loves stromboli. We will have to try this. Did you have plate setter on grill??

• bdavidson
    Options
    SpiceCooks,
    Yes. Plate setter on the grill, stone on the setter, boli on the stone. 550 degrees. varible timing, but in general they were in the egg for about 18-20 minutes total. I think if I had to do it over again (which I will!), I would say 10 minutes per side.

• bdavidson
    Options
    Spin,
    No, went for the traditional logs this time. All pizzas done on my egg, however, are kidney-shaped, as they should be. I've tried approaching area pizza eateries about taking on the new bean-shaped pie, but no bites...wonder why? Oh well, you and I both know they taste better than the circular ones! :-)