Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Brisket?

ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend I smoked a 13.5 pounder and pulled her off around Noon last Monday (18hr cook, my best brisket to date, unfortunately no pics).

Still have plenty of leftovers mostly chopped up w/ some big chunks of the flat and point. So it's been in the fridge 5 days now, will this puppy keep past that or should I just toss it at this point? Thanks in advance.

Amaury

P.S. Sorry to hear about Car Wash Mike. Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I know he was one of the forum's mainstays, and I also know from personal experience that his recipe and method of Eggin' babybacks is outstanding!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Generally you have 7 to 10 days. I stick with 7. You could freeze it.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Burnt End Sammies come immeadiatly to mind!

edbb98e5.jpg

Got Buns?
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Last one I did, I sliced the leftovers and put enough for one or two sandwiches in vac bags with some bbq sauce. Sealed them up and put 'em in the freezer. To reheat, I let a bag thaw, then poked a few holes in the vac bag and nuked it. Mighty tasty - much better than reheated butt!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Oh man, think burnt ends it is! How long & what temp did you smoke those for and what did you use for sauce?