Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Big Green Egg Hall of Fame

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I suppose, at this time someone should start one. I'am sure there many past Eggers who qualify. I have not been around long enough to start with the one's who would be first etc. However CWM should be elected if one was to be established. Sad smiles to all. Ronnie.

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Yes he should and he will be!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    WMK and I discussed the "Hall of Fame" idea this morning. We have several other inductees, one of which is WMK dad, who started this board way back in 1995.

We'll bounce it around some more.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i agree with the kenny G comment as well as the others

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    This is just an informational question. Must nominees be deceased?
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    WPB,

I think this would be a good idea. The trick will be figuring out the rules.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    If we make it The Big Green Egg Memorial Hall of Fame then the rules would already be established.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    To weird, I was just trying to explain to someone else who JJ was, not here on the forum tho..
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i like that then we dont get any of the why am i not a hall of Flamer ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Never met JJ but remember him on the forum when I first came here in 1999. Some of those old timers where something else!

Funny for me to look back like that and feel the emotion I do. Joined together by cooking great food, who'd of ever thought?
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    I must agree with Morro Bay Rich. It should be The Big Green Egg Memorial Hall of Fame. Thanks to all who responded. Ronnie.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    check out this link...with a few exceptions, and a few that should be on these pages.. . .naked whiz's rogues gallery could litterally be described as the hall of fame already. .. look who the first two pictures are (by pure coincidence!) ... . and what has happened to boccie and rumrunner and kellie keefe and ed earle and bluesmoke and haywyre and cat and spin and jslot and trex?!!!

i think most of those guys/gals are still alive and egging, they've just moved on from the forum .. . but for a lot of us, they were our mentors/inspiration when we first got started egging... .i know some of them over on the primo forum and probably don't frequent this forum any more.. . but should still deserve to be in this HOF as they still have eggs (like rumrunner) ...

regardless, i for one don't think you need to be dead to be in the HOF.. ..it wouldn't be hard for me to know who belongs, ne, who is deserving....

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/RoguesGallery/rogues.htm
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Well, I can't disagree with that. Great pics. Thanks Max for the site. :):):) Smiles to you and yours. Ronnie....off to work. :laugh: :laugh:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah, i think its ok to have live eggers.. .fortunately we have lost very few eggers that i know of. .. at least well known eggers that have made a significant contribution to the forum and "the art"... only three i even know of are CWM, kenny g and JJ. .. .thats a good thing!! .. .so i think if we wanted to have true HOF, it would be ok for WMK WPB to set up a HOF and nominate have live members in there.. . and just like with any other HOF, there will always be some controversy over who is/isn't in there....hell, if we make character a criteria, we are in BIG trouble, LOL ... .
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    hey carey...

i certainly wouldn't be your friend if it weren't for the BGE and fred's franks. ;)

...i mean, if a grill can bring together a strange, twisted, anti-social, recalcitrant, curmudgeonly, unlikeable, slovenly outcast like your self, and a tactful, pleasant, and wonderful person like me, that's saying something. :whistle:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    kumbya my friend. . .kumbya....heeeeee

and me and carey are both in tight with darlene too!!!! it just doesnt get any better than that!!!
    Options
    like i said, don't take the fact that she's nice to you, rod, and carey as a sign that she's in love with you. she is kind to stray dogs, too, but doesn't let them in.

:laugh:

signed, former stray dog too
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    And does everyone want a BGE Forum HOF or a BGE HOF?
    The Naked Whiz
    Options
    maybe the top row of the page where you have people's photos could be an 'in memorium' section, with a hard break between that and the rest. maybe slightly bigger pics and a little more info (real name, d.o.b. etc.)

just a thought.

i agree though, a "hall of fame" for the forum would be a can of worms

but a section for those who have passed might be fitting
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yep, two completely different things ...the forum is only a small representations of the total bge folks out there...but then if eggers aren't here on the forum, who knows who they are???
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    This idea makes the most sense to me so far. Only 15 Eggers have cared enough about this topic to even post to date. That's not a very big sample of all registered here. Could end up like the O.T. Board. One person asked for it, got it, and now most of the rest of users argue about its existence every now and then :)
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    I think ThirdEye qualifies.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Thanks Max...been a long time since I seen that..funny thing is ..I know almost all of them....sure brings back nice memories...
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    No matter what you do, someone won't like something...I've lurked on the forum for years, only recently beginning to post. I like the HOF idea for Big Green Eggers no matter how they are known to us...I feel like I knew Mike simply by reading his posts. I was first drawn to him by his posts about Kaleigh. I hope someone develops a HOF (either way)!