Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little help?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    hizzoner, the Naked Whiz has a gigantic catelog of tables on his website, kind of what you are looking for.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Your outdoor kitchen looks great. :) With the scorched wood issue, you could trim out more space for the egg, say 1 inch greater radius all around. And I'd do the same for the stove top. This should prevent heat from the cooker doing any future scorching.

Wood makes an an excellent table top, comfortable to use and touch, easy enough to repair and will form a time honored 'patina' with years of use. If you want the wood to look 'as new' all the time it's going to require repeated sanding and repeated finishing. I like the look of aged old wood and all the little dings and worn edges (even small burn marks) that years of use creates. A time honored surface patina is more interesting than spankin new wood in my opinion. I respect your wishes for your cedar wood kitchen to look fresh but in an outdoor cooking environment the look of a wood table is going to change over time. And that's the nature of wood.
  • hizzoner
    hizzoner Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm more concerned about a fire hazard than anything. I shudder to think about what would have happened if I hadn't been standing there watching when the table started smoking and glowing. I may do as you say......remove the Egg, replace the burned pieces and widen the radius