Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket point question?

Options
ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cut the point off of a 13lber I smoked this weekend. Wife and I pigged out on the flat, and ended up throwing the point in the fridge.

I'd like to try and make burnt ends for the first time. Should I just throw that sucker back on the egg tonight. What temp do I shoot for and about how long do ya'll think it will take?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• pissclams
    pissclams Posts: 49
    Options
    You might not have to cook it any longer, did you try cubing some of it up and seeing how tender it is?

My last few briskets didn't require me cooking the point any longer than the flat. I just removed it, cubed it, sauced them, and chowed.
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Options
    I didn't cube it, but I did rip a few chunks off with my bare hands cave man style. It was really tender & fatty.
    I was thinking throwing it back on egg would one, reheat it & two, maybe render some more of the fat out.
  • pissclams
    pissclams Posts: 49
    Options
    I always thought the extra cooking time on the burnt end was to break down the additional muscle in the point.

Not sure that fat is going anywhere after the +15 hours of smoking on the Egg that it's already seen, maybe somone with more experience can add something more but it my experience, burnt ends are going to be fatty.