Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Fourth of July--Ribs

'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A big shout out to all you freedom lovin' eggers out there. Seen some good lookin' food already this morning, we get up late on the left coast. Keep up the good work and please be safe. We don't need no stinkin' one armed eggers.

Just laid my fire and touched it off, should be up to temp and settled in, in about half hour.

I am doing hickory smoked ribs this Fourth for a big hoop-de-doo block party we do every year. This year I am serving pulled pork, shhh!, its reheated, fresh cole slaw and Peidmont sauce, ala Elder Ward, Keri C's Hog Apple beans, and Bone Suckin' ribs. Guess where I got my menu? In other words REAL BBQ not just burgers and brats.

Should be a treat for the neighbors. Wonder if they will know the difference? This is the PNW a fairly BBQ challenged section of the country. Present eggers excepted and accepted here.

Havin' fun, no rain yet, sure its in the forecast. There's a large Indian weather rock to the south of us
If you can see it, its gonna rain. If you can't see it, its raining. If its white, it is snowing. The white man calls it Mt Rainier.(14,410 elev.)

Have a Happy Fourth, Y'all.

Steve

Comments

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Sounds just like our event. I put a BUTT on last night at around 11pm. Just threw on some ribs with it at 10:30. They won't get too much smoke aside from the lump and some residual wood from last night. EGG was set at around 250 with my digiQ and this morning at 9 it was still bang on with plenty of lump.

So anyways. I have some EAstern NC Sauce, Dinosaur BBQ sauce (awesome), bone suckin sauce, Carolina Mustard and some Trader Joes sauce. So I have all the bases covered for peoples likes and dislikes. My wife is going to pick up some Memphis sauce at the store too. Nice!!

Enjoy the holiday.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Happy 4th to you! We have a couple of racks of back loin ribs fixin to go on a little later.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Hey Andrew, what a concept, catering to your guests' wide tastes. Here in the PNW, its BBQ if it is OUTSIDE, off a black Kettle, ...er cooked with gas. I will have to wait and educate my clientele before they know what is hitting them. All that to say you have certainly added to my knowledge base. I remember the pre-forum days when I didn't know BBQ from shinola. Amazing I could live to be so old and ugly without knowing.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Good Morning, Teresa. We're suppose to eat at 4PM so I wanted six hours to get ready. Did all my meat prep last night. Bought Costco spares and trimmed up nice with advice on a link from 2Fategghead, Tim. Got lots of nice trimmings. Ain't this forum just phenomenal?

Have a GOOD Time and don't stay up too late.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Good to see you around Steve!! Menu sounds perfect, rock their socks off!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Happy Independence Day, Molly!! Yeah, I have taken a break with work getting really busy, which is a very good thing. Doing ribs is the last of my 'GOT TO' meals. Done Pulled Pork and Brisket, now ribs. I have so enjoyed the smoker aspect of the egg. It is a great grill, too, but I am appreciative of low and slow.

Molly, your meal looks fantastic, 'course you got a head start. :) Have a great day.