Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy 4TH

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are going to the lake for a few days and thought I would post this before we leave...Enjoy and have a great 4th.
Larry

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2360174665274&source=jl999

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Thanks, that's a very nice card.
    Enjoy your time out at the lake, cook up some pork chops on the mini. ;)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Perfect! ;)

May everyones coals stay HOT and beers stay cold. Hoss

Stay safe
  • YB
    Options
    Got the pork chops Clay and 2 butts,steaks,chicken and Pearl hot dogs.Have a great weekend.
    Larry
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    Thanks Larry.

I remember being intrigues as a (probably) junior-highschool student that the forefathers (and early citizens of the newly formed country) weren't sure which day was our "birthday".

This bit from Adams, who certainly was in-the-know, to his wife Abigail expresses as much. Exactly what day WAS our "birthday"?

""The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.-I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

By the time he died, though, Adams was fully on-board with the conventional notion of the Fourth as THE day.

I don't know if you know it, but Adams and Jefferson both died on the 50th anniversary celebration of the Fourth of July.

Adams' (semi-apochryphal) last words were "Thomas Jefferson survives", unaware that Jefferson had himself died just hours before.

Shiver inducing stuff, what-what?
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Have a great weekend Larry! -RP
  • YB
    Options
    Thanks Randy...You and Kim do the same.

Larry
  • YB
    Options
    Thanks Jeff for the info...I thought about you last week.We have a outdoor living room 16'x50' that was built around 1900 at our presidents house.The tile is really pretty.After all this time it can not be repaired so we removed it and put the same pattern back.The tiles are 6"x6"-4"x4" and 2"x4" and the 2x4's have GRUEBY TILE BOSTON stamped on the back.I wish we could have repaired it but it took jack hammers three days to remove the old it was so hard.

Larry
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Just gave me Goosebumps :pinch: