Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where can I get a Replacement Large Firebox?

Options
BBQInMilwaukee
BBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,

During a recent windstorm my Large table and Egg flipped over leaving my firebox and platesetter unusable.

My local retail outlets are telling me it will be months before they can order me a new firebox (they need to sell their eggs before ordering a shipment). Either way I'm just looking to pay for a replacement and shipping.

I purchased my Egg online before they announced that online purchases voided the warranty, doesn't bother me... I'm looking to spend money and I can't find anyone to take it and give me a firebox within a reasonable amount of time.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    Call the mothership. 770-934-5300
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Call the mothership and see if they will take your money. :) Tim

(770)934-5300

Or maybe someone from the Milwaukee area will chime in and help you fine a dealer who has one in stock.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Okay, you have an "online" Egg, but were grandfathered in since you purchased before the new policy from BGE was announced. Had the firebox cracked under normal use shouldn't you have been covered?

Next question: Now you have a choice to purchase from a nearby dealer, or order from the mothership, or purchase from an online dealer. If you purchase from a dealer or from the mothership that one component will now carry the lifetime guarantee.... right?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Unknown
    Options
    Try calling Swimming Pool Services, they are great to work with. I've tried to deal with Hawk's Nursery and they have no knowledge of BGE products. They may even let you purchase one that they have in an egg on display and replace theirs through BGE. I'd definitely give them a try.

Swimming Pool Services
    W220N1563 Jericho Ct.
    Waukesha WI US 53186
    262-544-5500
  • BBQInMilwaukee
    Options
    Big Sis wrote:
    Try calling Swimming Pool Services, they are great to work with. I've tried to deal with Hawk's Nursery and they have no knowledge of BGE products. They may even let you purchase one that they have in an egg on display and replace theirs through BGE. I'd definitely give them a try.

Swimming Pool Services
    W220N1563 Jericho Ct.
    Waukesha WI US 53186
    262-544-5500

Thank you, I'll give them a call today.
  • Lambchops
    Lambchops Posts: 166
    Options
    There is a dealer up here in Appleton. "BBQ's Pits and Spits". He may have one in stock.920-882-8686.Give them a try.