Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI Skillets

Options
thechief96
thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the most common size skillet that you use.
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    The one that fits my egg :whistle: :woohoo: LOL I have a couple of sizes and we have cut off the handle of the larger ones so they fit with no problem. so each egg has a pan and a lot of the lids of my dutch ovens fit the skillets.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Like the lady says! :)
    You can never have too much CI :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • thechief96
    Options
    Yes but isn't there a weight limit on storage in a house? :laugh: Looks like I'll be searching for sale on lodge. ;)
  • thechief96
    Options
    So is this your authorization to get "lots"? :woohoo:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I use my 10" most often, but also the 12" & 8" a good bit. Measure before cutting handles, even the 12" will fit on the LBGE with handle.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

But it depends on what size egg you have and how much you are cooking, now doesn't it?.

Oh, and buy antique Griswold or Wagnerware if you can find them. Much nicer than Lodge.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Should have mentioned that I have a large and an XL. ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Lodge makes a 17" without long handles that would rock on your XL.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I have that wonderful pan and no egg for it :(
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Darlin', you have 27 eggs (or so). It won't fit on any of 'em? :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Since you said you have an XL here are some pics of the one I use. It is made by Bayou Classic and can be found on various sites through out the web. It is running aroun $90.00 these days. Hoss
    DSCN4333.jpg
    me.jpg
    6935_155420060957_85405465957_28293.jpg
  • Mainegg
    Options
    AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! LOL That is the one!! I wipe it now and then to keep it rust free and some day it will have an egg of it own. after cooking on the new XL in NH I think one might be in my future.... :whistle:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i use a 6,8,10,12,17. 17 i use stove top, 12 i use in the egg with the handles intact. the 17 is one heavey skillet, get one with the loop handles that hoss posted to make lifting easier, mine has the traditional handle and its too heavey to lift one handed. i find the 12 inch skillet to be the most useful of the bunch but even the little 6 inch makes a descent meat pie
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    This size;
    BGESummerribs2009013.jpg

I think it's classified as a 12".