Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife\'s Birthday-T-Rex Steaks (Pic Heavy)

Options
thechief96
thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wednesday was my wife's birthday so we decided to do some Ribeyes using T-Rex's method on Saturday. Interesting thing about women's birthdays. I was born in 52, she was born two years earlier, I'm 57 and here's the funny part, she is only 39. :whistle: Any way here are some of the pictures of the cook.

Had these cut 2" thick.
IMG_2747.jpg

The fixens for the grilled salad
IMG_2751.jpg

Getting their "char" on
IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

Finishing up in the eggs
IMG_2767.jpg

Plated up and ready to eat. The best steaks we ever had.
IMG_2774.jpg
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks Great! Gonna have to drop this goal of weight loss! :angry:

So tell me about this grilled romaine thing that appears to be what you did. How long on the grill (what is the goal? all mushy or just a bit of char?)? What did you mix it with, other grilled veggies?
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Great looking cook but aren't the steaks a little thin :laugh: :silly:

Those are some thick hunks o' cow! I like the grilled romaine too, nice touch.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • thechief96
    Options
    I put the romaine on for just a few on each side, just to give it a bit of char. I still wanted a little crunch left. I had salt, pepper, parmesan and some olive oil on it. I rest of the salad was grilled onions and zucunni. It was very good. The grill was indirect at 400 degrees.
  • thechief96
    Options
    Thanks
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice Dave!! Funny too! Your a good man. B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thechief96
    Options
    Thanks Molly
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Looks good. Nice pic of flames. I turned 39, 12 times. Nothing wrong with that.

Mike