Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - A Little More Fruit Carving (OT Sooner Egg)

Options
BigDaddy - OCT
BigDaddy - OCT Posts: 773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you kind enough to want more, here is a little bit from this past week. Some worked and some didn't but that's part of the learning curve. I promise to return to egging pictures soon!

I wanted to try a cool center cut I saw and it worked well but the lighting sucked:

f90d928a.jpg

After that I finished out the honey dew...not very clean but it was a first try of something new:

7427638d.jpg

This is a small watermellon that I didn't remove the skin from because I wanted to get the green tips. It's okay but nothing fancy:

3e79b67e.jpg

This is my favorite for the week...it's a better looking rose than I did previously:

22c0ca29.jpg

Different angle:

83dd3716.jpg

Thanks for indulging me.

Bruce

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Very nice Bruce. How long does it keep after carving?
    Mike
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You really have a knack for that!! Looking good! The more you do the better and easier they will be!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Beautiful. Promise to keep posting your work!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Very cool! you are getting better every time you post!! Watermelons must be a lot cheaper where you are then here :blink:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Very nice Bruce! -RP
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Bruce...You have come a long way, quickly!! You are getting better with each attempt! Are those new knives working for you?? Thanks for posting. It's great to see! Nicely done!
    BTW...you got the video?? When I was first doing thing, I would literally sit at the coffee table, in front of the tv, with the remote, and the fruit. I would watch one step, pause, and do it myself. Then play the next step, etc...lol. It worked though!! Trying to watch the whole video is like trying to take a sip of water from a fire hydrant! :blink: Nice work Bruce!
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :) Eggspecially like the second pic B)
    You've got some skill, there, Brucie :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    you have some real talent or you have a fruit stand :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I Just Love Those! THANKS!!!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Indulging you??? Please indulge us and let us see more of your skills - outstanding!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate the comments! Mike, I don't know the answer to how long they last...maybe Michelle does. Around here we usually eat them the second day so BENTE was correct...lol.

Mainegg, the small ones are $3.50 and I've only done one of the large ones at $5.80. Honey do and cantelope are cheaper and sweet potato just gets cut into fries so they don't count!

LC, thanks again for all of your encouragement. I do have the video and have lots to learn from Chef Ray. I think right now I'm going to work on getting faster at the styles I'm doing and when I screw up then I'll use those as practice pieces.

Thanks again all,

Bruce
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Dude. We got to get you out of the house.
    Gun range, dance club (with pole). Next you will be posting loney cooks...LOL
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    I know it, Darian! I put a couple of pics on my facebook wall and stated that any future shots would be taken with the melons either on engine blocks or being held by hotties wearing as little as possible.

Going to Chicago next week and based on the gun play going on up there that should return my man card! My plan for touring the city?? Bob and weave, bob and weave...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Have fun in Chicago and be safe.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas