Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time!!!

Options
EggerinMO
EggerinMO Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW.. tried Spatchcock Chicken and taters in my BGE's first time cooking... I didnt know what I was missing :-)
L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    eggerinMO,
    next up. .do a trex steak. .you'll never eat a steak out again. . .

• EggerinMO
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I am going to try that tonight... And nextweek end it pulled pork :-)

L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    eggerinMO,
    if you haven't already done so, go to the naked whiz's website and read the entire missive on TREX. . .it is really important to:[p]1. get the egg up to 750 degrees plus. .
    2. sear exactly 90 seconds per side for a 1 1/2 inch steak (i've found that if i get 2 inch thick steaks, then i sear for 2 minutes per side
    3. let those steaks rest for the full 20 minutes
    4. watch your dwell carefully. . .[p]don't try this with steaks less than 1 1/2 inches, it just doesn't work as well. . .i prefer strips, but have also had excellent success with 2 inch tenderloins, and 2 inch rib eyes. . .i like to rub mine with olive oil, kosher salt and dizzy pig cowlick. . . [p]careful of backflash (again, go to naked whiz to learn all about this hair singing phenomenon), [p]and also be careful, you will never eat a steak in a restaurant again. . .[p]enjoy

• EggerinMO
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Well just got done eatting the BEST steaks I have ever COOKED :-) WOW I am a BGEer for life

L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks