Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows your monday

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,750
edited November -1 in Off Topic
heres mine :angry: kids were caught by a neighbor and taken down to the station which means just about nothing in todays world

DSC_0001-1.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    What did you do? Tell them to pull their pants up?
    That sucks. Hope they make the parents pay damages.
    Hope the rest of your week makes up for this.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    Options
    from two houses up to boot, got me and the trucks next to me at the shop. my guess is the parents are just as bad since i havent had a visit or a call.
    fukahwee maine

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very sorry. Hope you push the issue with the police and the parents.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    that sucks... man.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Wow, that sucks Mike. :( I hope you're still able to find parts for the old girl. Definitely make the kids pay; one way or another even if it's more of a headache for you. You'll be helping those boys in the long run.

Sorry man,

Mark
  • fishlessman
    Options
    yep, almost makes you wanna give all the rocks in the cab back :whistle: mines the oldest and ugliest of the bunch, next door took a real beating. the side windows will probably be hard to find, they even broke the little wing/vent windows. kids were eleven and thiteen
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    ive got some good sources for the glass, been keeping a couple of these old trucks running, that ramp needs an ovehaul again but its awfully handy.
    fukahwee maine

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Man!!! That sucks!
    Let me know if I can look for any parts in Canada eh!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Fish,

Total bummer :(

11 and 13? Just think what they will be into in 4-5 years if they doin't learn a lesson now.

Hopefully you can push the issue with the authorities.

At the very same age, I have about 4 windows to my credit-all careless accidents-non the less, my pal and I paid for all of them. Thanks to our wonderful parents.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Adam, I couldn't agree more. I shot a rear passenger window out of a neighbor's car with a BB gun when I was about 12 just to see if the BB gun had enough oomph to do it. :blush: It did and I paid dearly. :pinch: Never did anything destructive just for fun again. B)

Far better for them to learn a valuable lesson now than later when big fines and a potential criminal record are at stake.

Mark
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    :laugh: 13 was the last time I picked up a rock :)
    When the police showed up in my driveway, my Dad hit the roof. I never seen him so angry. Needless to say,I never damaged anyones property after that B)
    Options
    where are the parents in all this? they should be on the hook for the ca$h.
  • Ripnem
    Options
    BB guns? We used pellet guns and if the damn birds would have sat on the ground, we wouldn't have hit (3) windows, hundreds of yards away.

4th one was after I had put a nice new grip on a bat and had to see it worked. Flung a rock in the air and SMACK I nutted it across the street, rite through a window. :laugh: not funny...I waxed cars all summer with my old man to pay for them.
    Options
    we would lay down on our back with a bear 30# fiberglass recurve bow on our feet, drawing the bowstring with both hands, shooting arrows as high as we could straight up into the air. first one to run away when it came down was the loser....

little fat kid tried to launch an arrow himself. he laid on his back, put his feet up, pulled the bow back with the arrow in both hands, and promptly rolled forward again, letting go of the arrow as he did. it launched the frigging thing across the street elevated maybe ten degrees.

FWANG! stuck in the side of the McQueen's house, right up by the tv room window on the second floor.

hahahahaha
  • Ripnem
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Reminds me of my old water balloon launcher :whistle:

Those things are nothing but trouble :pinch:
    Options
    or my potato cannon
    hoo a ha ha ha
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Hopefully you can push the issue with the authorities :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ermm: easier said than done.
    fukahwee maine

• BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    I like the use of past tense there...

what a PITA.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    :whistle::whistle::whistle:
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    last week in a nearby town a couple teenagers broke into their high school a week after school was out and did $30K worth of damage to computers just for the hell of it! Guess it's my age and upbringing that makes me wonder about those types - same way as the idiots who vandalize cemeteries!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ArizonaBoxster
    Options
    LOL that is funny (and a bit scary too!)