Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Fathers Day to all!

thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Empty nesting for the first year in 18 years...been tough but time marches on. Also my first fathers day without my own father.

Everyone enjoy and cook away...I may just take the day off from Eggin' and eat out once. Ha.

Keep On Eggin all you Dad's out there!
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Happy Fathers day to you too!

I had my Father's days steak tonight :laugh: supposed to be for tomorrow.

Instead I made dough for Chicago Style pizza for my Father's day LOL.
    Recipe link:
    http://www.pizzamaking.com/dkm_chicago.php

Happy Egging!
  • thanks and back at ya. I'll spend my FD, doing the thing I love, cooking for the family. And maybe a little geocaching.
    www.geocaching.com
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    God Bless. :) HFD! :)
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Happy Fathers day to you too...5 years ago on fathers day I brought my baby boy home from the hospital..What a gift from God
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Happy Father's Day! Steak last night, brisket today.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Cruzr
    Cruzr Posts: 91
    HFD to all :)

My 2nd FD without my Dad, but the GTO and I are meeting my son and his GTO for a car show, and maybe some eggin' later on B)

Enjoy the time with your family
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Happy Father's Day, thebtls, its been a few years since my Father passed away and my mom's been gone since my twenties. I am not an empty nester yet but they aren't around as much as they used to be. Even missing some meals now and then. Sounds like a somber day for you. I hope you keep busy and maybe call your kids. If I were you, I'd cook something special for myself, I can beat restaurant food going away, I am sure you can, too.
    Thanks for the reminder, its a good day to reach out to others who have impacted our lives.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Happy Father's Day to you too. I'll be doing what I enjoy. Cooking for the family on my Eggs. Kids and my mom are coming over, well half of the kids anyway. 2 are in Alabama while I'm in California.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Happy Fathers Day to all. Mine's been gone 13 years but I'm still thinkin' I'm pretty lucky he raised me to understand the things I do. As to mine, I sure miss them, daughter and grandchildren 500 miles, son in S Africa (working, but is doing some World Cup games). So it'll be greetings courtesy of Skype and phones.

Nothing like family.