Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME! But......

SmokinSoCal
SmokinSoCal Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a Large Green Egg on Craiglist 1.5 hours outside LA yesterday. $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also had it on eBay for $375 but honored my price of $300
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320550643270&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Well, I drive 2,5 hours in traffic last night to pickup my bounty and upon arrival.... It's a MEDIUM!!!

I was sooooo pissed. However, it was almost new, still white inside and felt was as new.

Offered the guy $200 take it or leave it....

Drove home with my new medium egg for $200

Moral of the story... If it's to good to be true, it usally is....

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    So... the pic is of an XL, the copy says it's a Large and it turned out to be a medium. And eBay says it sold for $375? I'm surprised you didn't get there and find out it was a WEBER!! :lol:

Congrats on a good deal though. $200 for ANY size egg is a good price.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokinSoCal
    Sorry, I was the high bidder on eBay. But to just lock it up before someone else.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Nice deal

btw, did you get an actual picture of it before making the drive?
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    That's even better, they seller had to pay a premium to Ebay on $375 and not $200
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    If its still white inside, and their lack of knowledge about the product, my guess is its stolen. -RP
  • SmokinSoCal
    No time to wait for a picture when they list a large for $300. But anyway, not stolen since we talked about where they purchased it. Also included feet, electric lighter, second grill(flat). Also, it had been used maybe 1 or 2 times.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    My final offer is 275 $ That is a bargain ,even having to drive.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE