Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need outdoor kitchen advice...

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I would just use two large eggs and forget the gasser and you could cook all you needed on the two bge's that is what I have I would never use a gasser again since I am addicted to my eggs.
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    no flare ups, cook with the dome closed, mess is also minimal,I usually wipe the grid off as its heating up, thats about all that is needed.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    We kept the gasser when we bought our first BGE - a Small. But I didn't cook on it even once. When I found I didn't have the time I thought I would have to cook on the BGE - usually because of a fire call - I cooked on the kitchen range instead of firing up the gasser. We now have three BGE's, the gasser is a gutted toolbox, and I still cook indoors when I find myself short of time. (More often than not I repurpose the ingredients and do a stir fry.)
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    I asked earlier if anyone had suggestions for a side burner. On rare occasions I set up the Coleman propane stove alongside the BGE. It's usually when I'm simmering something that needs attention and I don't want to run back and forth between the indoor kitchen and the BGE in the back yard. When I eventually build a proper outdoor kitchen I'd like something a little more substantial. I found this one from DCS but it's almost $500.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I use a little table top burner I found at Ace. Costco sells them too. And Costco has the fuel canisters.

They're super cheap and work great. You can even use them indoors.

I also have a 2 burner camp stove by Coleman I believe it is and I set that up outside when I need extra burners.