Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st good Egg'd bread

gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
GoodBread.jpg

A small triumph. After over a year, I made a good sour dough loaf on the Egg. And! The big deal is that I'm pretty sure I can repeat the results.

The image above shows that I failed to slash the top, and so the "oven spring" almost popped the top off. But it was the best spring I've had. And I didn't get very good browning, so I cheated, and brushed the top with butter towards the end.

GoodCrumb.jpg

And a shot of the interior. No really big holes, and so not very "artisanal," but a good loaf for sandwiches. Its good enough my wife and I have eaten half in the first day.

The Egg set-up was simple. Platesetter inverted, with grill on top. Pizza stone on grill. Preheat for 1/2 hour at 350+. Dough in pan on the stone with a good spray of water across both the dough and the stone and platesetter (the dough was at 60% hydration.) The baking took a little under an hour.

Comments