Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking to do some sweet tater fries

Options
tqracer53
tqracer53 Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
looking to do some fries any thing special for the egg. and any body got a good dipping sauce. thanks

Comments

• Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    at a restaurant i went too, they where serving sweet potato fries with a blue cheese ranch sauce that was amazing. Asked the chef and all he did was make a simple ranch dressing and incorporated a few chunks of blue cheese. Im not a fan of blue cheese at all, but this was really good.
  • kilts
    kilts Posts: 30
    Options
    I have cooked sweet tater fries on a raised grid at gasket level.
    I use a wok pan with holes in the bottom.
    The fries are coated with olive oil & a spice blend you like
    Egg temp 350 to 400 cook until tender
    enjoy
  • tqracer53
    tqracer53 Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks for the help
  • BackYardGreen
    Options
    Great dipping sauce for sweet tater fries mayo blended with some pureed chipotle peppers or even just some chipotle pepper sauce to your tolerable level of heat.

I like to shake a little chipotle pepper powder, chili powder, smoked paprika or any combo of the three on the fries themselves before cooking. Never tried making them on the egg but tossed with oil and cooked in a pan at around 400F until done should do it.

Rob