Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutlands

Options
MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't think my post went through. So I will try again. If it did I am sorry for the double post.

My son had fried gasket the other night. I bought 5/8 Rutlands to replace. Now is the Rutland's gasket adhesive any better now than it was? Or should I use Permitex? Your thoughts from the masters.
Regards

MAC

Comments

• civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I have used Rutland gasket adhesive only to have it let loose months later. I now use a high temp silicone manufactured by Rutland that holds fantastic. The permatex is designed for higher heat so might be better. In my opinion, the silicone is superior to any other adhesive.
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I installed a Rutland several months ago (6 maybe?) and used Permatex Ultra Copper. Hasn't budged. In fact, I wonder if I will be able to get it off if I ever have to remove it!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I'll 2'nd the permatex ultra copper,, no problems so far and easy to use.
  • chrono
    chrono Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm a rutland / permatex believer now. I torched my felt then my nomex gasket. I put on the rutland with permatex and have done several high heat pizza cooks and its unfazed. This is the best gasket combo IMO ..