Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger Bun

Options
PWise
PWise Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What bun do you use for your best burger?

Care to share the recipe?

cheers
pw

Comments

• PWise
    Options
    Thanks Randy!!

I'll try them later!!

cheers
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Had to laugh when I saw this. Best burger, worst burger.... cheapest buns I can find. :lol:

46_7133002417_F.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• PWise
    Options
    Hahahaha... well that's always an option! but I like to bake my own hehe :whistle:

Cheers!!
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    I use Peter Reinhart's White Bread, Variation I, from his "Bread Baker's Apprentice". You can see the recipe on Google Books at http://books.google.com/books?id=yHGBOXSNogsC&lpg=PP1&dq=peter reinhart bread baker's apprentice&pg=PA265#v=onepage&q=white bread&f=false
    I've only modified his recipe in one way: I roll the dough into balls, then press them into sesame seeds before the final rise. I've tried the suggested method of egg wash & sprinkling the seeds, but the seeds never seem to stay on unless the bread rises around/into them.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I use Publix or Kroger bakery :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is one.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=851164&catid=1

Buns, Hamburger, Homemade, Di

INGREDIENTS:
    2 3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    1 Tbs butter
    1 tsp sugar
    3/4 tsp sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 package yeast
    1 Tbs olive oil
    Egg wash: egg yolk and tsp water

PROCEDURE :
    1 Combine the milk, water, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
    2 In bowl of stand mixer, using dough hook, combine the flour and yeast. When the milk mixture has cooled, add to flour and stir until the dough clears the sides of the bowl. Knead for about 10 minutes. Place dough in large bowl with olive oil. Turn dough to coat with oil, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down the dough and divide into 4 or 6 even portions. Large hamburgers will be 4 portions. Make balls out of the dough by pulling the dough towards the bottom and tucking under so that you have a smooth top. Place seam-side down on cookie sheet or parchment lined pizza stone. Allow the rolls to sit for a few minutes. Flatten each dough ball with your hand or a dough cutter. Cover with towel and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
    3 Brush tops with egg wash and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Recipe Type
    Bread

Cooking Tips
    adapted from a couple of recipes on the web

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Di, 2010/03/22