Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp?

Options
Msmith
Msmith Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I saw someone on the board that gave a recipe for making bacon wrapped shrimp? If so, please post.[p]Thanks

Comments

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    Msmith,[p]I use large shrimp--very large if I can get them. Leave the tails on. Hit them with some olive oil, little bit of coarse salt, and a bit of lemon or lime juice. I prefer wrapping them in domestic proscuito instead of bacon. Put them on skewers and grill them direct for just a few minutes over a hot fire. Use some alder chips.[p]This works great for big sea scallops, too. One critical step for both is to get the critters wrapped and on the grill quickly after you sprinkle with lemon or lime. Otherwise, you will be making sushi while they sit in the juice and will be tough after grilling.[p]

• BunkyRub
    BunkyRub Posts: 52
    Options
    Msmith,
    I also recommend Katman's prosciutto(sp?)wrapped shrimp as well as his direct cooking method. One suggestion would be to use the actual Italian prosciutto as it is more flavorful and less salty.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Msmith,
    I spice up seasoned bread crumbs with a little cayenne. Roll peeled (no tail) shrimp in bread crumbs, then wrap in bacon. I'll cut the bacon in half to give two pieces per strip of bacon. Then, roll the bacon wrapped shrimp back in the bread crumbs. Skewer twice...once in tail section, once in head section...makes easier to flip.
    Great eating!