Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

small price

Options
otisdog
otisdog Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a buddy on the way to look at a small bge. Supposed to be like new. It is priced at a little under 300. Does that sound ok? I don't know what a new small goes for. A large in my area is is 650 to 750

Thanks

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    last I checked locally a small was $359. Unless your friend is buying it way under $300 I'm not sure the savings is worth not having the lifetime warranty - does he understand the value that means? When he has to pay for a new firebox - which he will - then that savings is history! Go new - or go to an eggfest and get a discount that way.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    Options
    The larges cost the same in my area. The best deal that I can find on a new small here is $409, so I guess it depends on how much your buddy values the warranty to be. ;)
  • otisdog
    Options
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    So the warranty is non-transferable?

Wow, small's here are $440 brand new - checked all sources within about 40 miles.. ?
  • RRP
    Options
    that's right! non-transferable. Buying new vs. buying used is the axiom of Pay me now or pay me later!
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    RRP wrote:
    that's right! non-transferable. Buying new vs. buying used is the axiom of Pay me now or pay me later!

Thanks.. guess if I buy used I need to get a hell of a price.

otisdog, I apologize for the slight OT.
  • RRP
    Options
    yes you do - a new BGE carries a lifetime warranty and I'm already on my second fireboxes for both my small and large eggs - all replaced with a smile and a handshake!
  • otisdog
    Options
    He just called and gave me the measurements 19" ID 21"od

Thats a large not a small. It has been used three times and it has a nest with side tables.

If he don't get it I'm going to.
  • RRP
    Options
    That price and condition seems unbelievable, but as a policeman I would think you know the term "hot merchandise"! :laugh:
  • otisdog
    Options
    Good point but my friend knows the guy and trusts him.