Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wine, and BGE Food!

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There are so many recipes that we are cooking on the BGE today that I am curious as to what types of wines you are pairing with them when you enjoy the fruits of your labor.
So what is your favorite BGE Meal and what wine do you enjoy it with, if any.
Mine: Rancho Zabaco Dry Creek Zinfandel with T'Rex Steaks or Woodoggies Stuffed Brisket.
Mirassou Chardonnay with Salmon cooked on a plank.
All others with PBR(Not a wine of course, but damn good)
Hammer

Comments

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Hammer,
    My favorite meals on the BGE are filet or strip steak with oak and peach chips mixed.Paring with a good cabernet. Chateau St Michelle Canoe Ridge Estate,Or BV Rutherford are two great choices. For ribs and brisket your Rancho Zambaco Zin is a good choice, Rosenbaum El Dorado is in my opinion a greast choice also.Both are kinda spicey and peppery.My wife and I are surprised that wine does not seem to play a more important part in this wonderfull cooking method.

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Jopa,
    Good choices of wine. I like BV products as well. Yhey recently had a problem with TCA, however they over came that. The quality of their products is never in question.
    I am also surprised by the low interest in pairing of wines with food, since there are a lot of creative foods on the forum cooked on the BGE.
    Hammer

• penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Options
    Jopa,
    fellow Ocalean....and wine fan. Did you ever go to the Glass Grape when she was open? My bad news is that I had blood work done last week and my liver enzymes are both over 100 so I have to be wine-free for a month :-(
    Probaby due to the Red Rice Yeast I was taking....hopefully that's it. I should be back in form in six weeks or so. Nice to have another home towner on the forum.
    Penny

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Jopa,
    Try the Chateau Ste. Michelle "Cold Creek" Cabernet. Excellent!