Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures of my BGE table

Smokin Professor
Smokin Professor Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGE2.jpg
<p />I thought I would post a picture of my new table for my large egg. The table was inspired and modeled after the table on TNW's web site. The biggest difference is that I used pressure treated lumber and covered mine with redwood stain. I have only had my egg for about a month now but I am lovin' it!

Comments

• BGE4.jpg
    <p />Here is a picture looking pack at the house. The egg looks right at home.
  • BGE5.jpg
    <p />Final picture of yesterday's meal. Nothing special about this cook, but the chops and vegetables were great! So far I have fixed ribs, steaks, turkey, beer can chicken, burgers, brats, bacon, pork loin, and flank steak. Not bad for the first month with the egg.
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Smokin Professor,
    Nice place you have there. Keep eggin.
    Seth[p]

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Smokin Professor,[p]Great job on the table. I got my egg at the end of June, and I already want to build a table for it. The only way I have room for it, however, is if I move the old charbroiler to pergatory under the deck. [p]Oh well, I don't miss that hunk of metal now anyway. It's only using up space next to my pride and joy. [p]Congrats on the new egg and the new nest. Keep up the cooking and keep us posted.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Smokin Professor, notice you have a box of that coconut lump. How do you like it?

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    smokin professor,[p]nice table - nice deck

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • I like the extruded coconut so far, but I have only used it 2-3 times now. My early impression is that it will really shine for low 'n slow cooks as the burn time is great, the temperature remains constant, and it adds almost no flavor of its own. I tried it for steaks and it did not get as hot as regular lumnp-it had pretty much peaked out at 600 degrees. The downside is the cost. A 30 box pallet shipped to Columbus, OH came to about $13.00 a box and nearly half of that was for the freight.[p]Greg

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Wise One,[p]Have you had a chance to use the extruded lump yet? I would love to hear your thoughts![p]Smokey

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Smokin Professor, Smokey - I concur with your thoughts. I used some in my mini and when I was done, I shut it down by closing the top and bottom vents as usual. When I opened it up the next day, all I had remaining was ash (although still in the form of the extruded lump). Apparently it continued to burn for a long time with virtually no air. Might be great for overnight cooking with the mini!

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Smokin Professor,
    Looks good! Almost too pretty to mess up.[p]My only suggestion is on the table base by the egg's lower vent, you are going to need something to protect the wood from the burning lump/embers that will fall out the bottom vent. Mine spits out hot chunks all the time, and my deck is pock marked like mad. There really should be some sort of steel basin to catch the hot embers that drop out.[p]Like I said, too pretty to mess up![p]Good luck with your new educational eggsperience.[p]Mike in MN