Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hungarian Spatchcock - The Pride of Szeged

Options
WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a spatchcock tonight with a chicken rub I found in the grocery store. Very interesting little can and caught my eye. This stuff was GREAT. I used it just like the directions said, 1/4 cup rub, 2TBSP lemon juice, and 4 TBSP Olive Oil. Rubbed the entire outside and under the skin. Took a page out of Mud Pigs book and also stuck some lemon slice under the skin as well. With that I made a little creation that I have made before. You slice a potato almost all the say through in slices, stuff a half a onion slice and some butter in between each potato slit and then pour some onion soup mix over the top. Foiled it and put it on with the chicken, raised grid, direct at 350 for about an hour till the breast read 170 (I got a little caught up playing Red Dead Redemption and didn't make it out at 160).

The Raws:
IMG_6035.jpg

The Rub:
IMG_6037.jpg

Prepped:
IMG_6038.jpg

Potato Raws:
IMG_6039.jpg

Sliced and stuffed:
IMG_6040.jpg

Sprinkled with Onion Soup Mix:
IMG_6041.jpg

Chicken came of at 170 but was still amazingly juicy!
IMG_6042.jpg

Unfoiled Potato:
IMG_6043.jpg

Enjoy!

Comments