Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Current prices of BGE

Options
EGGRPh
EGGRPh Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys,

I know the current price of a new lg. BGE, but what do you guys consider a good price for used BGE based on size?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Comments

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    I can't help you with prices, but I would definitely question why you would give up the lifetime warantee by buying used?
  • Unknown
    Options
    FlaMike wrote:
    I can't help you with prices, but I would definitely question why you would give up the lifetime warantee by buying used?

I'm taking a wild guess here and guessing because it's a lot cheaper???

The warranty is over-rated anyway. The BGE is so well built it's usually not needed other than for silly cosmetic reasons (i.e. cracked firebox ring).
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Bubba Tim keep a "green book" on used BGE prices. Check here:

http://www.bubbatim.com/Green_Book.php
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Over rated!!! It sure is - as long as you don't need warranty replacement.

The base and dome on my medium were replaced under warranty. That would have been expensive. BGE has also replaced a couple of other small items out of courtesy.

For me in getting a used egg, it would have to be fairly new style and a very deep discount from new price.

My 2¢

GG
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    So the warranty on the egg is only good for the original order? I thought it was transferable.

Also, do you need to register your egg and purchase with mothership to be covered?
  • FlaMike
    Options
    Just purchase through an authorized dealer anywhere, but return the warantee card as they request.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Yup, that is a starting place. Depends on where someone lives. I have seen posts were folks have gotten some really good deals on used eggs. I don't think those prices could ever be found around this area. There was a post the other day where someone from this area said they watched the local classifieds and this area craig's list and they have only seen three eggs being offered in I think it was 3 years.

I saw a local area XL being offered, with some parts missing, and it was within 15% of retail plus the drive to pick it up.

3 or 4 years ago the eggs from dealers were above retail. When I got my large it cost me $1,150 + tax for a "large eggfest package" I did end up getting a plate setter, V-Rack, eggmates and a bag of lump in the package.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Transferable - not the way I read the warranty.

GG
  • smoker62
    smoker62 Posts: 80
    Options
    I just paid 649.00 for my large new from an authorized dealer. Better be a good price for a used one.
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    Speaking of warranties, I did send in my green card for my Lg BGE but I forgot to send in a copy of my purchase receipt. Is there anyway to find out my status?

Stef
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Around here, I have seen most of the used eggs in the 5 range....which is crazy cause I paid 598 fer mine brand new (in Large) so if any of ya'll are in or near or visiting the Pensacola area, let me know and I'll let you know where to get a great price.... ;)
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • FlaMike
    Options
    Sure. Just call them. I believe this a current number. (800) 793-2292
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    You have to send in the original receipt? I didn't do that and don't recall seeing where it asked for it... Wonder if I'm not covered now... :ohmy:
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Options
    WhackMaster719 wrote:
    You have to send in the original receipt? I didn't do that and don't recall seeing where it asked for it... Wonder if I'm not covered now... :ohmy:

Same here, the book (I think) said to mail in the warranty card, but to make sure to keep the purchase receipt. Though I could be wrong...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Yep, I've had 2 bases replaced under warrantee. It was worth the money to buy from a dealer.
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    You don't need to send the receipt. You may need to show the receipt to your dealer if you require warrantee service.
    The Naked Whiz
  • IMF
    IMF Posts: 27
    Options
    I have been keeping an eye on Craigslist for a while and most of the time people ask way too much for used eggs... but somehow they usually sell quick - at least the adds are removed quickly. Occasionally you'll see a good deal though. I recently picked up a small w/ nest that was one month old for $200.