Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sealed gasket solution

Options
SmokingLong
SmokingLong Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Given how innovative this board members are, I am sure someone before me has already shared this technique, but I thought I would share and give a short description anyways.

Last weekend, I temp a a (semi) high temp clean on my large. I had recently installed the Nomex gasket. Although I did several low temp cook to season the gasket, the gasket stilled sealed up on me.

I was able to unstick the gasket by taking my chef's knife, holding is parallel to the Egg lip and essentially cutting through the sealed parts. This approach worked like a charm and save the gasket.

When I installed the Nomex I applied the adhesive to both the Egg lip and the gasket itself. It was very messy and a pain in the a** but I think this probably was key to saving the gasket. This is my second Nomex so I am hoping it lasts at least a season or two.

Comments