Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More mini cooks

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saturdays and Sundays cooks were the same food, just different flavors.
These wings had a sauce I picked up in Texas. Jimmy O's Texas garlic pesto. Very good!! Added some fresh basil also. New reds with traditional pesto, and of course some Polidori sausage.

51710010.jpg

Plated
51710013.jpg

Next was Hoochie Mama, from Frank in Houma. Thanks Frank!! New reds had more pesto, really good like that!

51710014.jpg
51710015.jpg

Plated
51710019.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice cook, Molly! It does look very dood! :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    Options
    ;) Long day. We had five caterings, plus 2 people down. I read that twice too... :laugh: :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    CQ: yer 2 keys off "dood" :ohmy:

Happy Hour? :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    hahaha - my going rate for spell checking is very reasonable. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• loco_engr
    Options
    Very nice cook Molly!

How's it looking for you @ Denver this year?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    I love to cook wings on the mini. In fact, that's what we had for dinner last night with some beans and Max's slaw.

Great looking cooks Molly.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You're cheap like me. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, but you didn't see her post BEFORE she corrected her spelling. Was just bustin' her chops - cuz Mol's fun that way. :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    Options
    I'm in! You also, right?
    Heard you were inquiring about NiEGGara.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    These were great! Mix of cherry and apple woods.
    Max's slaw?
    Thank Diane.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Depends. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    Options
    I new that to. B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    I see a lot of minis being used recently. My kind of cook, meat on the mini. My weekday low carb diet recipe. Nice cook.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Oh tay!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Options
    I had the last week in Aug locked in for vac, 'cause dats when it was last year. :ohmy:
    Now I have to do some fancy footwork :silly:
    to save some single days for that week.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Good, hope it works for you. Won't be the same without you.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Molly...Yo quiero Polidori sausage ....Yo quiero Polidori sausage :P ......The best I've had no doubt!!!! TKS for cooking it perfectly!!
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    I found the recipe for slaw somewhere on the forum, but can't remember where. It was posted with a recipe for pulled pork. I've been making the slaw since last summer and my husband think's it's the best he has ever eaten. I love it too.

Max's Slaw
    1 green cabbage, shredded
    3 celery ribs, sliced thin
    shredded carrots
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 yellow onion (I substitute green onions)

Mix veggies with 2 cups of raw sugar (turbinado)

1/2 c. white vinegar
    1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
    1/2 c. olive oil
    1 tsp celery seed
    1 tsp kosher salt

Bring to boil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Great. thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    The pleasure was all mine! ;) It is the best!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    looks very good, I like to compare flavors and techniques also
  • Santana
    Santana Posts: 58
    Options
    Beautiful, Molly. No Moose Butt? :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Next time around. ;)
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Oh man. I love wings! I'm full but I love wings. :P Nice change up Molly. Tim
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Thanks for the photos, Molly. I could be mistaken, but it seems to me like you try a lot of new sauces/marinades. I think it was you who got me onto the Goya Mojo Criollo - if that is accurate, then thanks again.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Mrs. Molly,

I wanta wing :)

Your kitchen changed a little :whistle: glad ya brought an egg

Brian has had my mini for a couple weeks. :pinch:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Morning Molly, Some good looking food off one little Egg!!! That 1st pic really is nice! Do you par boil the potatoes before you put them on sort of like smashed?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    It is, and I do. :)
    Your welcome! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"