Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MidEggLantic Fest & PIZZA PIES!

SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're gearing up for our Eggfest on Saturday , .... assembling all the demo eggs and getting ready for our crowd. Hope to see everybody ...weatherman says it's gonna be nice and we hope so.

Some last minute items.

We have a slew of door prizes including a MINI BIG GREEN EGG as the grand prize.

Some people asked me if "that chef from New York that cooked the duck last year" is coming ... he's onboard and says he is planning huge slew of stuff to treat us to!

I'll be doing the Pizza baking on Egg demo at 1:00 PM showing all I've learned in the last year about baking Pizza on the Egg and also demonstrating some of the things I learned at Tony Gemignani's school.

Lil Ragu (another Egghead by the way) and his band is ready to go ..if you play blues guitar and want to jam just bring your axxe we'll be able to accomodate you......

Ukulele master Bruddah Bob will be playing for our Meet & Greet party (5pm in the store) Friday night. He's been cooking on his Egg for over 20 years so he's a great "fit".

Some of the other foods we'll be cooking:
"Griller" burgers
Turkey Burgers (our man Steve has a great recipe)
Turducken on Egg
Blues Balls (meatballs dipped in Blues Hog)
Bacon EGGsplosion
and of course whatever our guests cook.

We don't have registration so if you plan to cook , just park in the car lot adjacent to our facility as that is reserved for "cooking" guests.

So...all that being said, any questions, email me off list.

Since I'm doing the pizza "thing" I felt it best to get in one last "practice" yesterday...here are some of the pies, some "standard" ...some "Eggsperiments" .

FB/SGP

PIZZA5-7-201023.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201022.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201021.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201019.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201018.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201017.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201014.jpg

PIZZA5-7-20104.jpg

PIZZA5-7-2010.jpg

PIZZA5-7-20102.jpg

PIZZA5-7-201024.jpg

Happy Eggin!
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• Big George's BBQ
    Big George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
    They look Great I am not sure about the one with an Egg on it
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Yo Fred! Dem's some good looking pies.Nice looking cornizzio on them. (The outside edge of the pizza). In the first pic, the pie next to the one with the egg on it has a big slice missing. Who got to run the quality control test on that pie? Wish I could join you for the Eggfest.
    Uglydog
  • hey fred, the spawn is on her way from school today . ..wifey gave us a kitchen pass.. ..so we will be there saturday with bells on. ..not planning on cooking anything, just enjoying your good food and fine company!!!....but we will certainly help you out any way possible....looking forward to seeing you and deedee and the gang!!!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Fred:

Hoping your team has a great fest!

Plz inform any "newbies" of this forum and what a great resource this place is!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Fred, My wife and I were planning on making the trip, even though I wasn't sure how far away you are from me but we have to go to Toledo for a soccer tournament. Do you know how far you are from the Ohio border? I'm 45 minutes from Pittsburgh
  • Egg on Pizza on Egg ... sorta rhymes... anyway ...egg on pizza is really good but a little tricky to get right when you bake it. I had a slice for breakfast this morning. It also has bacon pieces on it , mozz and sauce ...really is a good one!
    FB/SGP
  • Yes, the SGP is the quality control department and is saddled with the responsibility of making sure that everything that comes off the Egg is good. :laugh:

I see you are in PA , you shoud stop by Saturday
  • Max ..it will be very cool to have you! Here's a tip ... it was a secret until I just now am giving it out...there might be parking behind number-one-son's bike shop accross the street.

Also , my turkey supplier (you met him at Turkeyfest) is roasting one of his special turducken's.

FB/SGP
  • Ohio border ...hmmm... 6 hours? ... We're in Shillington Pa, near Reading. I hear the hotel is sold out but there are other's nearby.
  • thanks for the tip fred!! . ...looking forward to taste testing the turduckhen against my turduckhen lassagna...but does your guy know how to make gravey???
  • Max.... I think he doesn't make gravy....the thing he's most interested in making is money :laugh: He DOES have an excellent turkey burger mix that goes well with our turkey rub. Only problem is that after I eat a couple of his giant turkey burgers I usually fall into a deep sleep! :laugh: