Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini questions

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a new Mini this week direct from BGE. Also got the mini egg stand (basically a tripod). Except the mini won't stay stable upright in the stand, even if I spin it around looking for a good fit, it will still wobble side to side if I apply any pressure either way. Probably not safe for cooking. Anyone experience/fix this? [p]Also the hinge is real tight. Good I suppose for keeping the lid up, but even pulling the hinge out to close the lid is challenging. Just because it is new?

Comments

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    mike,[p]If you decide not to keep the stand, you can pick up a flower pot metal stand from your local home and garden center for about fifteen bucks. There will be enough room on top to add a 12" x 12" tile (the thick kind). That's what I keep mine on.[p]Concerning the door hinge, yes, mine was stiff at first as well. It will loosen somewhat as time goes by. Mac
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    WHOA!!! Welcome back, Mac! [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    mike, i had the same problem - i found out where the off-round area was on the ring, then filled that area with a round file, then painted over that area. The mini stil wobbled a little, so i decided to use the clear silicone RTV glue to glue the mini into the tripod and never had a problem since
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    mike,
    When I replaced my old style hinge on my mini with the new one it was very tight like yours. I sprayed a little Tri-Flo oil (WD-40 should also work) on the pivot point and that freed it up quite a bit. If you keep it lightly lubricated for a little while it should loosen up just fine.