Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburgers

FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to do some hamburgers tonight and need some suggestions as to how to make them as good as everything else on the egg. I am thinking about giving them some modification of TRex like, maybe, a 1 minute sear on each side at lava temps - hold while temp goes to 400 - then 4-5 minutes each side.[p]Any and all help is requested![p]

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    hamburger%20readtoeat.JPG
    <p />FatDog,[p]The link below shows how I do them ever since JSlot gave me the advice - they come out great everytime, you just have to deal with a lot of smoke if you use the "less lean" ground beef.[p]Good luck,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Hamburgers[/ul]
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    FatDog,[p]We do 5 oz. burgers at approx. 450F to 500F for 4 minutes, flip, and go another 4 minutes. Then we go into dwell mode for another 3 to 5 minutes until done.[p]Puj

• TRex,[p]Your method is right on! One thing though...........instead of mushing down the middle of patty......stick your finger straight through like a bagel or donut. This is better becuase you are not compressing the patty as much and it will close during the cooking process.[p]paul

• TRex,6:15 in the morning and that picture made me slobber, stop it.