Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggsploration of the egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi there. ive been reading a lot in your forum here about the egg and the cult following it seems to have is quite impressive. im in search of another grill and just recently decided to lean towards charcoal since last saturday when a cousin of mine was cooking burgers and dogs for a family get together. i must admit that for awhile now i have been an adamant gasser but since ive been reading this forum im intrigued at what i have found. ive just recently moved to the NYC area and if possible is there anyone that could be relatively close to me that has a passion for the incredible edible egg that would like to put on a demo or even a club or group of members that have get togethers and would put on a display for non-eggers such as myself. as strange of a request as this may seem to some, basically it was the best way i could think of getting a "demo" if you will, because i didnt see the reasoning in financially burdening myself on something i may not even enjoy. quite frankly, just reading what all you good folx have written i may have fallen in love and i havent even taken the plunge. thank you in advance for any info and may your loins be nice and juicy! hee heeeeeeee! thanx,...dixeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dixee6,
    bought mine after drooling to the forum. sight unseen[p]the gasser now holds all my utensils, firebricks, etc. and hasn't been used since.[p]on a slow week, we cook three times a week on it.
    i'd GUARANTEE that's typical for the forum.[p]get it.
    last grill you'll ever buy.[p]think of the reasons you were adamant about gas.[p]the only real one was 'it's fast'[p]well, it ain't, really.
    and if you want fast, well, you'd be an adamant 'microwaver', right?[p]welcome aboard.
    ...i bet someone here'll give you a demo, but you will probably cave before then![p]stike

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    dixee6,[p]You might also try putting your zip code in the dealer locator above. Some dealers, the smart ones, know that nothing sells Eggs faster than store demos.[p]I had gassers for 10 or 12 years before getting my Large. And it "only" took a year and a half to find somebody who'd take "the last gasser" just for hauling it away. And then I had to throw in two propane bottles to sweeten the deal.[p]Ken
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    dixee6,[p]I went out to buy a Weber and came home ($700 light) with a large and a bunch of accesories 5 years ago. Didn't even know how to light it properly. Never had a bite of Egg cooked food either. Learned about the forum from my dealer and the forum was what did the rest for me.
    Don't procrastinate just find a dealer and buy a large you won't regret it I assure you.
    Good luck.