Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thin crust pizza and a day with mom. :)

reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I spent some time with my mom, she had a stroke 7 yrs. ago and is paralyzed on one side and isn't able to cook any longer. She has been an inspiration to me and I am so blessed to still have her with us. She loves thin crust pizza so I thought I'd make some for her and dad for lunch. I wanted to make it quick and easy so I used tortilla's (inspired by AZRP and Desert Filly). She absolutely loved how crisp the tortilla's get along with the wood fired flavor off the egg. I'm a thin crust fan too so I'll be making these a lot more in the future.

The ingredients.

003-6.jpg

Love this stuff.....thanks Lawn Ranger!!

004-4.jpg

002-8.jpg

Sauteed the mushrooms with some garlic.

001-8.jpg

Spread a layer of the Beanos "White Pizza Sauce" on the tortilla. Added the sauteed mushrooms on top and last some shredded mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheese. Cooked at 400 degrees on a pizza stone in the egg.

007-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Made one for dad with his favorite ingredients...Cheese, sausage, mushrooms and black olives.

005-4.jpg

Delivered along with some flowers for mom.

008.jpg

They loved the pizza and my dad wants to try making one after I told him how easy it is.

012-2.jpg
It was a great day and a little pre-celebration for Mother's Day. :)

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Wonderful Anne!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Is your dad going to egg? That would be great. I know how much you love cooking for your parents. I love cooking for mine.
    Your mom looks a little star struck. :)
    Have a very nice Mother's Day with MO and the Gemettes.
    Can't wait to cook for mom Sunday.

Mike
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    How did you like the Beeno's? Ive been thinking of ordering some.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Great job Anne, way to go! ;)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Glad you got to spend the day with your parents! Looks like a great time was had. My grandmother likes grilled foods and dont get to enjoy them hardly any since my granddad passed away several years ago. I always try to cook a little extra a few times a summer and take her some but I really should do it more. I have no excuse because she lives just 5 miles down the road. I think i will smoke some whole chickens this time while I'm off and take her one. Thanks for the post!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Ann I told Doreen this morning how bless we were to still have both our parents at our age then I remarked that you still had yours and if I remember right Del does as well correct? Just great and glad you had time with them this weekend. My Mom has been wearing us out eating bream. Dad's been taking her to the river about 3 or 4 times a week for the last month fishing. She's been catching between 100-200 hand size bream everytime and brings a limit home with her. There freezers full, ours is full and still she brings them home! She's having a ball thought. And a Happy Mothers day to you as well Sis. Your young'uns are bless to still have you with them as well! ;)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Anne,

Your mom looks like she's enjoying the flowers and pizza. This is the first Mother's Day without my mom, so I'm feeling a bit empty, but it helps seeing other Mom's like yours enjoying the day. Treasure every minute you have with her. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Anne you are a very good daughter. Blessings to you and your family. :) Tim
  • reelgem
    Thanks Molly, really easy and quick and pretty tasty. Best part was spending time with my parents. I treasure every moment. I'm fortunate that they only live 10 mins. away. :)
  • reelgem
    I love Beeno's. I bought the basil too and want to try it on a margherita pizza.
  • reelgem
    Thanks and "Happy Mother's Day" to Dollie. :)
  • reelgem
    I try to spend as much time as I can with my parents, my mom is 80 and my dad is 79. They used to love to have picnics and grill outdoor but they can't do this where they're living now and they really enjoy the food I make on my egg.
    I'm sure you're grandmother will love the smoked chicken. Not only will your grandma love the food, it will make her day that you thought of her. The smallest things can mean so much to someone. :)
  • reelgem
    I am really blessed to still have both of my parents. Dad is 79 and mom is 80. It's been tough on my dad since my mom had her stroke 7 yrs. ago. She's completely paralyzed on the right side and is totally dependent on my dad. I try to help out as much as possible. Cooking is the hardest thing for my father becuase he never had to do it. Mom did it all. So I'm always cooking something and running it over. A few years back I snuck over to their house and got a hold of my mom's recipe box and photo copeid all of them. Now I make all her favorite meals and they just love it.
    That story about your mom and the bream is too cute!! I I can just see them fishing down at the river. What a kodak moment. I hope I can meet them some day if we make it down there. Little Steven called last night and Del and I talked with him for over and hour. We were discussing a possible trip to the Quarters. You came up in our conversation (good things, of course). We'd all love to get together with you Doreen. We'll have to talk about this.
    I wish you would've brought some bream to OKC, I've never had them but I heard they're good if you fry them. How do you prepare them?
    I'll be talking to you. :) I owe you a few emails little bro.
  • reelgem
    Gary, I am so sorry for your loss. This has to be very tough for you. Believe me I do treasure my time I get to spend with my parents. I'm over at their house almost everyday to help my dad out. And I treasure every minute I have with them. At their age you just never know.
    I was really thinking about that yesterday and what it's going to be like if something happens to one of them. I had just put my mom down for her nap and my dad went to get his oil changed and run some errands and I sat in my moms chair and I was staring out the window and a tear streamed down my face. I started thinking they're not going to be here someday. I just hope it's not too soon.
  • reelgem
    Thanks Tim, I try to be.
    Thank you for everything and I treasure our friendship. :)
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks great! Mom looks pretty happy. I'm sure she enjoyed your visit.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Very nice Anne, wish my mom was still around. -RP
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    God Bless your Mom! Count your blessings.