Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

set up

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone,
Well I just bought my hubby his first green egg for our 25th wedding anniversary. I bought the large big green egg with the table. After listening to the tape I noticed they recommended putting a brick under the big green egg if it was to be placed on wood. Does anyone know if the also applies to the table set up? I would hate to burn our table.
Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    DSC00054.JPG
    <p />grilling mama,
    Yes it definately applies, either use the the three feet that came with the egg or some sort of concrete block. I personally have firebrick under both of mine...this pic doesnt show it very well but hopefully yoou can get the idea, you may find some better pics elsewhere on my website, but I dont think I took many focusing on just that....HTH[p]
    Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    grilling mama,
    you will need more than just the ceramic feet if you dont want the coals, that that fall out the bottom vent, to burn the table. You can use either sheetmetal or stone to prevent that.[p]Scott

• Unknown
    Options
    grilling mama,[p]I just use the 3 BGE feet with my table. I wouldn't fire up my egg without at least those under it.