Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Lump Group Purchase in Atlanta

Hungry in Lilburn
Hungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the opportunity to coordinate a group purchase of Wicked Good Lump here in Atlanta and the surronding area. If you would like to participate in a group purchase then please post your reply here including the number of bags you may want. I would like to see us get at least 3 pallets. The price will be set when I know how much we need. I will then validate with each poster that they agree to the price and quanity they are ordering. You will be responsible to pick up your lump in Loganville, GA. I will get at least 30 bags myself to kick off the order. Thanks.

Disclaimer: I will not make anything from this group purchase and have no relationship with the vendors involved other than the interest in egging.

Comments

• Some basic stats please:

1) what approximate per bag price are we talking about?

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk?

3) Are these 20 lb bags?

4) How many bags on a pallet?

5) How big a group do we need?

I could probably find storage for ten bags.
  • ) what approximate per bag price are we talking about? Will not know until I know how much we are ordering.

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk? See answer to Q1.

3) Are these 20 lb bags? Yes

4) How many bags on a pallet? 60

5) How big a group do we need? However many we need to buy 2 or 3 pallets. I will like to see a large order so we can get a better price. If we could get the price under $14 that would be great but I don't have any idea if that is possible. Thanks for posting.
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Last time I did a buy for Atlanta:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=751986&catid=1

Note that you get a cheaper price ordering a whole pallet (60 bags of 22#) or more, and also delivering to a dock (lift gate for home delivery adds price).

Price I got was $15.07 per bag on one 60 bag pallet delivered to work. I responded to some questions below.

If you get under $15, sign me up for 15 bags.

Richard

1) what approximate per bag price are we talking about?
    Would hope less than $15/bag for 3 pallets, unless prices have risen.

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk?
    Much cheaper if you get at least one 60 bag pallet to a dock.

3) Are these 20 lb bags? 22#

4) How many bags on a pallet? 60

5) How big a group do we need? The bigger order, the cheaper per bag.
  • Good info... one last thing:

Where would we go to pick up our share of lump? In other words, where are the pallets delivered to and how is pick up coordinated.

Not being a connisseur of lump, does "Wicked Good" live up to it's name?
  • chicknman
    chicknman Posts: 1
    where would pick up be in logansville and when is this going to happen! I would like 5 or 6 bags..