Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE with brick enclosure....

El Jefe
El Jefe Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wanting to do an outdoor kitchen. Thinking of LRG BGE enclosed in brick. Has anyone ever done this, and if so, do you have any pics for ideas, recommendations, etc. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    El Jefe,
    Check out my Table Gallery and look for Nikki G's setup.[p]TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Table Gallery[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • El Jefe
    The Naked Whiz,
    Thanks a bunch. I really like SpringChicken's set-up. Would really like to incorporate a BGE and a gas grill, sink, low and high pressure burners (frying fish, boiling crawfish). Is there anyway to contack SC (or any of the others for that matter) for plans/do's and don'ts, etc.

• El Jefe,
    But I'm trying to think of what tractor wheels or tank tracks you would need to make that a portable ?

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    El Jefe,
    I'm glad you like my table but there are changes to be made in the next one. Check your email.[p]Spring Chicken

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    The Naked Whiz,
    they all look fantastic but i think tim m has the best view!

• El Jefe
    HML,
    Actually, I would like to makee it a permanent near my pool, but thanks for the laugh!

• El Jefe
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks a bunch!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    El Jefe, like drbbq, I been kickin my heels around here for a looooooong time. Briskets included. But your question is interesting in part. I assume what your looking for is a brick bench to sit your cooker on and then some wing tables to do your work on...WessB just posted his outdoor overhead cooker station and its a combo wood and tile or brick.
    Nice job..
    But what intrique's me, is the idea of a stand alone brick outdoor Oven/Grill and keep your ceramic portable. Why not just build yourself a outdoor brick oven grill? There are plans for those also on the internet. Brick is ceramic, same as floor tile or cement.
    Firebrick is usually used on the interiors.
    And hey..on a chilly night, great heat radiator too.
    Just curious...been a hot day.
    C~W[p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    table.jpg
    <p />El Jefe,
    Heres a pic of mine, you can check out many more pics on my website, and in the near future I will be adding some of the latest pics with more of the finishing touches added.....[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Mrs. Puj
    Mrs. Puj Posts: 2
    Looks wonderful, Wess. Maybe that deserves a partner for a bi-plane ride at Eggtoberfest ....[p]Mrs. Puj
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Mrs. Puj,
    Iffin I can convince Sally, you got a date baby, we will be there for sure. I believe Sally already booked the flight down. Look forward to seeing you guys again.[p]Wess

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    WessB,[p]Mrs. Puj's life insurance policy is (as always) up to date. You guys have fun. ;)[p]Puj

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Puj,
    How are you guys doing Marc...It will be time for Eggtoberfest before you know it...Kaye and Jenny just got home from Wild Dunes last night.
    Larry

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Larry,[p]We're settling in down here in the Low Country though we're still a couple of months away from moving into our house.
    Wished we'd known the two of you were down here, but I'll take all the blame for that.[p]Sounds like the recovery for both of you is going quite well. Hope to see you and Kaye soon; and no later than Eggtoberfest ...[p]Puj