Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza's tonight

WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife has given me the green light to purchase a pizza stone, and peel today on the way home for our first ever round of pizza on the egg! My local grocer (Wegmans) sells stones, peels, pre-made dough and all the other trimmings as well. For the first round I will use their dough to make it easier. What else should I be doing? I see some folks using parchment paper... do you put oil or anything on there before putting the dough down? Do you cook it right on the egg with the parchment paper, and do you remove the paper at all during the cook or leave it on the whole time? My wife has stated in the past that she is not a huge fan of having the corn meal on the bottom and getting it all over her hands. Figure the parchment paper might be the way to go.

Comments