Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork problem

Options
BillyT
BillyT Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night about 11 I put a Boston But on the Egg and thought I had temp stabalized at about 220, when I awoke at 7 it was at 300.[p]The internal temp is 180, my concern is that it cooked too hot to long, I don't want to over cook. Any advice?[p]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    BillyT,[p]Don't worry - at least the fire stayed going. [p]The pork butt is a tough piece of meat to ruin. Get the temps lower and get the meat temp up to 200° and you are going to be fine. You might have a little extra bark (Mr Brown) but the meat inside will be fine. [p]Tim
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    BillyT, Tim M's right. You're in good shape. Also, sounds like you're going to be done early. Wrap your pork in aluminum foil, then in a towel, then put in a cooler @ room temp. The pork will stay real hot for hours.[p]Happy 4th, Scott