Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally...my OKC eggfest post

BigDaddy - OCT
BigDaddy - OCT Posts: 773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, what a great eggfest in OKC! I’m just now getting caught back up and checking in on the forums. The rain did nothing to dampen the spirits of all that attended and I never heard a single complaint about it. Sorry I’m so late but I needed to take a minute to share my thanks to so many people.

First and foremost I have to thank Chris for the tireless hours you put in to this event every year!! You do an amazing job, buddy, and I know each and every one of us appreciates you! I hate to admit it but Molly is a wonderful asset as well…after all, she did rescue my tamales from the masses.

Everything BBQ is a great host store and I sure appreciate the ownership and their staff. It was amazing to me to come in a year later, having only been back to the store one time since last year, and being greeted by my first name. What a warm feeling.

Anne and Del, you two do so much for the group during the event but are grand marshals of the after party! Thanks for the Waygu steaks, endless zippy-ritas, and my “Born to Egg” coffee mug! You’re selfless and a lot of fun to be around.

Brad, my buddy and co-owner of our tailgating bus…so glad you made it again this year! Oh, and way to kick ass in the firewire competition!! Making OCT proud! Surely you want to mount the trophy on the bus, right??

Darian and his wonderful wife Lora…thank you soooo much for cooking with us all day! Your wings simply rocked and your help was never ending and very much appreciated. I’m looking forward to all of the pictures (sent separately I hope ;) ). I also enjoyed getting to know you both even better at the after party!

Randy and Kim, it was great to see you two as well. I’m going to have to ditch the bus one of these years so I can cook among the big tops and get to know you guys better along with so many others. I always enjoy talking aircraft Randy so I look forward to next year.

Each year I get to know a few more of you better but it’s always great to see great people like the Chickens, Popsicles, Molly, Chubby, Lawn Ranger, TJV (I did say thanks, right?), SWOkla-Jerry/Teresa, Firetruck, Desert Oasis Woman and Ku, Frank from Houma, Icemncmnth (and his poor freezing wife) , and sooooo many more.

I had a blast getting to know Dr. Z and his tequila, JLockhart and his much nicer better half (he may have taken the name of grape boy away from one of our other friends), Jake, and a many more. Some day I’m going to compile a picture/profile name repository for everyone to share. Oh, and I got to meet the other Bruce from Stillwater!

I’ve bored you all enough but had to get this posted before it got away from me.

Charcoal Up!!

Bruce

Comments

• Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Bruce. It was my first Eggfest and It was indeed an amazing event. The organization and the people were incredible, you and the crew at the bus were very informative and a pleasure to be around, Thanx for the stuffed shroom by the way, It was outstanding. For any and everyone who has not been to a fest, get out there and try one. It's an amazing experience and you can meet a lot of the people who do so much for this forum on a daily basis.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Bruce, it was great seeing you. It was a great weekend, even with the rain. :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Bruce, that weekend was just too short, I was going to talk helis with you and never got around to it. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Me and "My better half" enjoyed the devil out of meeting you as well! It really was a great time. HOWEVER lets not be to hasty with the "Grape boy" thing. I got some really cute pics of tolet paper and "male on male" bonding!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Yes it was a great eggfest even though it rained like heck we still had a great time.

Patti
    Wichita, KS