Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG FEST IN CASPER??????

PORTERSGIRL
PORTERSGIRL Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN COOKING AT AN EGGFEST IN CASPER WYOMING IF WE DECIDED TO HOST ONE?

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Depends on when it is. Casper is in very cold country so your window of opportunity is limited. Most of the good weekends are already taken by one or more Eggfests. But it would be a totally new place for us to visit and new people to meet.

I'm sure there are more than enough Eggheads in your area to have one.

Spring "Have A Fest And They Will Come" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • :P Make it Wednesday, June 9th and we will be there :woohoo:
    Ku and DOW

also, make sure Thirdeye has plenty of beer :evil:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    YEEEESSSS!!!! :):)
    That's just up the street. ;) (Texas talk, from what I hear) :lol: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC03981.jpg

We might be able to round up a few cooks.....Heheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

How current is that picture? We should get some snow tonight, raining heavy right now.

Kent
  • thirdeye
    DSC03949a.jpg

That's not current at all, but it does show a nice view of Casper Mountain. Here is another one taken from north of town. The mountain is different in that it runs east-west. So do the Uinta mountains, don't they?

We have rain in the forecast for the next several days with the best chances for snow on Friday and Sunday nights.

Looks like I'm working all weekend but it will be a great time to fertilize the grass.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Wayne, Know of an egg dealer in Casper? Wondering because she just signed up today. Curious minds. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thirdeye
    That makes sense.... there is an Egg dealer in town.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• So, Portersgirl, r u really named Carol???
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Beautiful view... looks like a nice valley.

The storm today was really bad. Up Parleys Canyon the there was the beginning of a tornado. The hail/winds were so bad it knocked the windows and windshields out of several cars. Side windows on truck toppers were knocked out. Pretty fierce storm for this area.

It would be kind of fun to see a fest up your way.

Kent
  • No, my name is Teneil I work for Porter's Mountain View Supply here in Casper and I was thinking of doing an Eggfest here in casper in June maybe like the 28th or so anyone interested in cooking?
  • Hey third eye did I sell you your egg?
  • thirdeye
    No, I got my first one in Ft Collins around '03.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• So ya'll how about an Eggfest in Casper, on June 26th anyone willing to cook? We will be doing it in the Porter's parking lot!